Thursday 28 November 2019

Inter school|Athletics day.

Yesterday myself and some kids from my school went into inter school for athletics day. It was going to be held at Pakuranga. I was going to do the 400 and 75 metre sprints.

The first one I did was the 400 metre sprint. When you do the 400 metre sprint you have to run one whole lap. When I finished I had to wait for about 2 hours to do my 75 metre sprint because the boys are going to be doing the running events first and the girls will be doing the field events. Then at 12:00 we swap so the boys will do the field events and the girls do the running events.

When 2 hours passed most of the girls including me had to go down near the running track. The way it goes is that it will start with little kids and then end with the older kids so the year level would be year 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. The race I did first was the heats so that means who ever comes 1st, 2nd or 3rd might go to the final. When I finished my race a lady gave me a card that said 3rd. That meant I came 3rd but I realized that the first 2 goes to the final. I didn't really mind but at least I came 3rd for the heats. It was fun competing but the challenging thing was competing against kids that were really fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.