Thursday 29 July 2021

Olympic Math Challenge #2

LI: To find the most effcient strategy




This week we have been using the Olympic games to help us with our math. The second challenge was about Nastia Liukin. She competed in a gymnastics competion, which is judged with a point system. Nastia Liukin, an uneven bar champion scored a dissapointing 16.725, which put her in second place. Her opponent beat her by 0.001 of a point. The Bronze medal winner's score was a 14.975. I needed to figure out the gold medal winners score and how much Nastia scored over the bronze medalist.

For the first question I used my addition knowledge to help me find the answer. I found out that the equation for this question is 16.725+0.001=? In total the gold medal winners score is 16.726. For the second question I used me subtraction knowledge to help me find the answer. I found out the that the equation for this question is 16.725-14.975=? In total Nastia scored 01.750 over the bronze medalist.

I found this activity interesting because it helped me expand my knowledge of decimals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.