Thursday 29 July 2021

Olympic Math Challenge #3

 LI: To find the most effcient strategy



This week we have been using the Olympic games to help us with our math. The third challenge was about a badmington racket. An Olympic Badminton Racket has approximately 25 strings in total. When these strings intersect they form squares. This means that there is approximately 250 squares on the racket. Take what you know about right angles to figure out how many right angles there are on an entire badminton racket.

To answer this question I used my multiplication knowledge and the main information. I needed to find out how many right angles there are on the entire badminton racket. Since there are 250 square and 1 square has four right angles, so that means the equation is 250x4=? To get my answer I started off with 4x0=0, next I did 4x5=20. After that, I did 4x2=8 and lastly I added the two from the 20 to make it 10. In total it adds up to 1000.

I found this activity interesting because it helped me expand my knowledge of angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.