Friday 18 October 2019

Math

LI:To recall core skills and knowledge for addition, subtraction, multiplication, fraction, and place value.

This week we had to write down everything we learnt through out the year in our math so our teacher can see what we've learnt. We could use 7 different ways which are basic facts, tidy numbers, place value, repeated addition/subtraction, rounding & compensating, written algorithm and reversing. We had to complete four task.

First task
The first task I had to calculate that area and perimeter of different shapes. We had to calculate both area and perimeter of the shapes that had a star next to it but the shapes that don't have a star next to it we just had to do it's perimeter. When I did perimeter I used place value to work out the answer, I knew the operation was addition because we did one with our teacher. When I did the area I multiplied it using written algorithm.

Second task
The second task I had to was about telling time. There were 4 question there. The first two question we had to add minutes and the last two we had to we had to subtract minutes from that time. The way I worked out the first two times was counting forwards in fives and the way I worked out the last two times was the same way I worked out the first two times just I just counted backwards.

Third task
The third task I did was about fractions. The first question had to with fractions, I had to figure out what fraction it is. The next question I had to cut one whole block into 6 pieces. The last two problems I had to find as many ways to give each side the same amount. The way I worked the last three problems was by using division.

Last task
The last task I didn't complete because I ran out of time, I only managed to do the first problem. The last task was about decimals. The first problem I did was addition and it was an easy one. The problem was 0.5+0.4. The answer I got was 0.9, the way I solved this problem was by using place value.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.