Wednesday 1 May 2019

Sailing

Yesterday at school we went to sailing down at Okahu bay.18 students went to sailing,6 students were absent.It was a warm and sunny and a cool breeze so it was a perfect day to go sailing.Mr Ogilvie,Mr Wong and Ms Daf came along with us.

When we got there there were 3 instructor,their names are Justin,Steve and JR.They are going to teach us how to put the parts of the boat to together and how to control the boat.Justin showed us how to put the boat together.Once he showed us he said to find a partner and choose a boat and then put it together.My partner was Afatia. Afatia and I need some help to put the boat together.

When we finished putting the boat together Justin showed us how to control it.When he finished telling us how to control the boat they said we it was time to go sailing but we had to put on wet suites over our togs then we had to put on life jackets.

When we got in the water I had to control the rudder and Afatia control the sail.Then our instructor told us to come back to land.While Afatia and I were coming back to land our boat nearly tipped over.Then I wanted to jump in to the water so I asked Steve if I can jump into the water and he said yes.When I jumped in I climbed back into the boat,then Afatia jump into the water but when she jump into the water she almost tipped the boat over but she didn't. After she got out of the water we went back to land.

Thank you to Yachting NZ for sponsoring us.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Te Raumati you must of had heaps of fun sailing ive never went sailing before but I have went kayaking it must be similar to kayaking. Seems fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.