Tuesday 3 March 2020

Counting on


LI:To add by counting on from the last number

Today I finished my task for math. Our task was to complete our google slide about how to count on. Counting on means to continue counting on from another number. This was an individual task.

First I wrote down my story problem. The equation as to be in the problem. The equation is 75+5. For an example, "Te Raumati had 75 apples but Leon give her 4 more."

Next I had to practice answering 9 addition equations using the counting on skill. The number we are adding to the number is between 1-5 because it's faster to count on.

After that I had to draw my diagram which was a number line. I used the line tool to help me draw my number line. 

Lastly I had to explain how I solved the equation. When I explain my strategy has to be counting on.

At the end I think that I did great. I enjoyed attempting this task and I thought that it was really interesting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.