Sunday 3 May 2020

Kiwi(Fact find)

Today I attemped an activity called fact find. Fact find is a fun activty that you learn something new about a famous person or an animal.

I did this activity by myself and I decided to choose an animal. I chose a kiwi because I wanted to learn new facts about kiwis. I need to do the introduction, 5 facts, images and video, and information sources.

I liked this activity because I got to learn many facts about kiwis and I of them was that they lay really, really big eggs.

LI:To learn something new

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Te Raumati,
    I love kiwis! In fact, last year I went on a night hike to see a kiwi in the wild. Unfortunately I didn't see any but I heard plenty of kiwis. Do you know what sound they make? Male and female kiwis make quite different sounds. I posted the links below of the sounds the male and female kiwis make.
    https://www.doc.govt.nz/globalassets/documents/conservation/native-animals/birds/kiwi-cd/female-ni-brown-kiwi.mp3
    https://www.doc.govt.nz/globalassets/documents/conservation/native-animals/birds/kiwi-cd/male-ni-brown-kiwi.mp3

    I have a few questions for you.
    Why can't kiwis fly?
    Have kiwis always been wingless?
    How many kiwis are there in New Zealand?
    Can you find kiwis anywhere else in the world?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.