Friday 24 July 2020

Storage and Preservation

I learnt about food storage and preservation. Food storage is organizing food so it's sorted. Preservation is keeping something in it's current state.

I read 14 different articles that relate to food storage. To find out what text type it is I looked at what person their using and the volcabulary. Some of the texts I read was: Canning with kids, food preservation fun facts for kids and how to preserve lemonds.

Next I had to write down the authors purpose. Author's purpose tells the main points of each text.

Lastly I did the UTE (Usefullness and Trustworthiness Evaluation). UTE is the rating on how usefullness and trustworthiness the text is. The highest rating is five. Five rating means that the text has information I need, its purpose is for infoming, it's from a reliable source, and it's current.

I enjoyed this activity because I learnt different information about food storage and how to tell what type of text type the article is.

LI:To evaluate texts
LI:To summarise texts
LI:To gather information from multiple texts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.