Thursday 30 July 2020

Swimming | Lesson 1

Today was our first lesson for our kiwi sport which was swimming. We did swimming at the Panmure lagoon pool. My swimming teacher was Shanti.

Before we learnt any stroke we had to learn how to enter that pool safely. First we had to sit on the side of the pool. Next I needed to turn to one side and then carefully lower myself into the water.

The first stroke I did was freestyle. To do freestyle first we had to do three arm strokes. Next I breathe to one side. Then repeat we had to repeat it. We did this stroke from the platform to Shanti. Then we did stream line.

Next I learnt how to do side stroke. To do this stroke I used a float board to help me keep a float. I had kick back and forward from Shanti to the platform.

Finally we did dolphin dives. We needed to dive into the water and touch and then come back up. We repeated this to complete this task.

I enjoyed learning the swimming skills. I found doing dolphin dives easy because I have done this skill before.

LI:To learn safety water skills



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.