Wednesday 22 January 2020

Fashion forward

Twenty Seven Names is a Kiwi company in Auckland that started in 2006. Their first name was "Love lies bleeding" but then they realized it was already being used by a US company so they had to change it. The name "Twenty Seven Names" comes from the 27 people that supported their business. I think it's a good name because it's a different and interesting name for a company. It makes me want to learn more about them because of their name. I also like how they gave credit to the people who supported them.



3 comments:

  1. Great post again Te Raumati, did you know that Rachel Easting and Anjali Burnett met at primary school. After studying art and fashion respectively the pair began working on small scale projects before launching their brand 'twenty-seven names'. The label name is a homage to the list of 27 people who helped to get their label off the ground. Keep up the awesome work - you are doing SO well! SLJ finishes on FRIDAY this week - try and get as many of the activities completed as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Te Raumati,

    I like there new name too. You've done a good job of backing up your opinion with reason and I agree that the name makes you wonder where it came from and then you find a very sweet and gracious reason.

    What do you think of their first name? I think it sounds kind of sinister and I don't know if I would buy clothes form a brand that had bleeding in the name. You've got great pictures to, it's good to mix in visuals to go with the text on your blog.

    See you in the comments.

    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Te Raumati! This is a really good description about the clothing brand, Twenty-Seven names...I found it most interesting that they had to change their business name before their current one. I agree, and I think it's a really creative way to pay homage to those people. Do you think they should change their name?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.