Friday 24 January 2020

Try your own tapa


Here is the tapa I have created. I decided to do patterns because it's simple. The flowers means kindness and the other design means to stay strong and never give up. I chose these designs because they represent who I am.

For this activity I had to create my own tapa. I had to explain what it represents. This activity was inspired by Fatu Feu'u.  Fatu Feu'u is a Samoan artist who creates tapas. He lives in NZ(New Zealand).  Fatu Feu'u also creates sculptures, painting, pottery, prints and glass work.




2 comments:

  1. This is a really cool Tapa design Te Raumati! I really like the patterns, and different colors you used. My favorite part about your Tapa, is the meaning behind it! "Have kindness, stay strong and never give up." A beautiful thing to take away...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tapa design Te Raumati - Tapa cloth is a barkcloth made in the islands of the Pacific Ocean, primarily in Tonga, Samoa and Fiji, but as far afield as Niue, Cook Islands, Futuna, Solomon Islands, Java, New Zealand, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea and Hawaii. In French Polynesia it has nearly disappeared, except for some villages in the Marquesas

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.