Tuesday 7 January 2020

Romeo and Juliet

English:This morning when I woke up at about 10:15. I went up stairs to have a 15 minute bubble bath. When I got out and got changed I went to have my breakfast. I had nutri grain and yogurt. I really enjoyed it. Next I went to the bath room to brush my teeth and do my hair. Then I went on my brothers chrome book for about 20 minutes and then continued with my day.

Shakespearean:This m'rning at which hour i did wake up at about 10:15.  I wenteth up stairs to has't a 15 minute bubbleth bath.  At which hour i did get out and did get hath changed i wenteth to has't mine own breakfast.  I hadst nutri grain and yogurt.  I very much did enjoy t.  Next i wenteth to the bath cubiculo to brusheth mine own teeth and doth mine own hair.  Then i wenteth on mine own broth'rs chrome booketh f'r about 20 minutes and then hath continued with mine own day.

2 comments:

  1. Great Shakespearean english translation Te Raumati...what do you think? I really like Shakespeare - have you ever seen a play of his? The Pop up Globe is currently in Ellerslie where you can see Romeo and Juliet and As you like It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Te Raumati! Strange looking at the two paragraphs and the obvious differences. A really interesting website I would say. What are your thoughts on Shakespearean English? Although it's nothing like how we talk now, I still think it's definitely one of the ways to learn about the languages. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.