Thursday 25 June 2020

Angles, Coding and Measuring

I learnt about three new math startergies which are angles, coding and measuring. Angles are formed when two lines meet at a shared point. Coding is translating a procedure in to another language for the computer to understand. Measuring something puts the amount of the thing into numbers. 

In a pair we had to play this game called 'Go Home'. We used protractors, ten sided dice, ruler and pencil to help us get to the house that we needed to go to.

One person will have to roll the dice and whatever number it lands on we had to go to the house that has that number. I used the ruler to see how far we go, the protractor to turn and the pencil to mark my spot.

We took three turns each. We recorded our steps on a google spreed sheet. We used coding in our steps for the computer to understand.

During this lesson I learnt the definion of angles, coding and measuring. Also my partner and I made some mistakes with the directions but we shorted it out.

LI:To code directions using angles






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.