Thursday 11 June 2020

Geometric masking art

For our art session we are going to be using the masking technique. Masking is protecting areas of the canvas to stop paint from touching the protected areas.

First I did was use the masking tape to section out the edges. That part will be the frame of this geometric art.

Next I sectioned out parts of the paper. We mixed big and little sizes together to make equal and make it fit on the page.

Then I coloured in the white spaces with different colour pastels. I made sure that it wasn't shagy and there are no white spaces.

Lastly I need to carfully take off the masking tape. I needed to make sure that I don't rip my art work.

Doing this type of art interesting for me because I found taking off the tape really satisfying.


LI: to create geometric art by using masking technique.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Te Raumati,

    I really liked the way you explained your geometric art. I think it looks fantastic. What was the hardest part and why?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.