Friday 19 June 2020

Length, Mass and Volume

This week we were learning about length, mass and volume. Length is how long something is from one end to another. Mass is the amount of something. Volume is the amount of space something takes up.

I first solved six addition and subtraction problems about length, mass and volume.

After finishing answering the equations I checked the answers by using paper, scales and measuring cups to help me.

I measured the pieces of paper using a ruler and then cutted of the exstra pieces to find my answer by re-measuring the paper. For the scales I put the equal amount of mini weights on each side and then taked away/added more on one side. Then I would take them out and count them to get my answer. Lastly with the measuring cups I filled up a tube to the right amount and then pured it in the measuring cup. Then I add/pour water from the measuring cup.

During this lesson I learnt the definision of length, mass and volume. Also I learnt how to measure length, mass and volume.

LI:To add and subtract length, mass and volume

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.