Tuesday 23 June 2020

Questioning

I learnt about a reading stratergy called questioning. I applied the stratergy to the book called 'Thirst!'. I needed to orginize the questions about the book in to the four categories.

I put the question "What is the drinking company name?" in the Right There category because on page three I saw a truck that said 'Aqua-Plex' and a lady filling up a tank with fresh water.

I placed the question "What does the water tank code do?" in to the Think and Search category because on page three a saw a sentence that said the code was suppost to lock the tank.

I put the question "Why doesn’t Ryder’s family have as much water as the Carter family?" in to Author and Me because I read a sentence that said 'People still pay lots of money in the city' so that probaly ment they didn't have enougth money for water.

I placed the question "What do you think happened to Ryder?" in to the On My Own category because there aren't really any clues in the book so I thought Ryder might went back to get more water for his family.

I found doing this activity easy because I have more experience on the four types of questions from last year.

LI:To identify question types
LI:To locate a answer in a text

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.