Monday 4 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Building a Sundial

Today I completed week four, day one, task one for the summer learning journey. This was a science task. 

First, I went onto the summer learning journey blog to see what I have to do. I also needed to watch a video made by nano girl.

Next, I grabbed all the materials to help my make my own sundial.

Lastly, I took a photo of my sundial so I can share it on my blog.

This task was hard because I made some mistakes and I needed to start again.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Te Raumati,

    Great work on the sundial activity, I’ve really enjoyed seeing what you and the other students have made this summer, this sundial is a really interesting piece of technology that is really simple in design but clever in its use. I’m glad you completed the task and didn’t give up even though you found it hard and made a few mistakes, great determination.
    It’s really interesting to learn about how people in the past did things and how their lives differed from ours.

    Make sure to put it somewhere around the house that gets lots of direct sunlight without other sources of light around it to confuse the shadows. Then use the clocks you’ve already got and spin it round till it’s telling the correct time.

    Nice work Te Raumati,
    See you later in the comments,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Te Raumati,
    Well done on building your sundial - making mistakes is all part of the learning process so it was great to read that you didn't give up and carried on. This is what real engineers do so you have shown great engineering skills in building your sundial.
    Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great construction. You have posted a good photo. As the previous comments have stated, getting it wrong and trying again is all part of the learning and discovery process. Read about Thomas Edison and inventing the lightbulb. He was initially far from successful.

    regards

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.