Tuesday 5 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Summer Sounds Poem

Today I completed week four, day two, task one for the summer learning journey. This was a literacy task. 

First, I went onto the summer learning journey blog to see what I have to do. I also needed to watch a video and read an article.

Next, I made a copy of a slide which is where I read the poem and highlighted sound words and words I don't understand.

Lastly, I made my own summer sound poem on a google draw.

This task was hard task because I had to make sure my poem wasn't the same as the one I read on the google slide.




2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Te Raumati, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Great job on the Summer Sounds activity!

    I think you have done very well with making your poem original, and I especially like the last line about the beeping horn of traffic fading away into the whistling wind. This is very clever and I like the sensory language you’ve used so I can imagine the sounds in my head!

    Did you manage to record any audio of the sounds around you? It would be great if you could add it to your blog. It’s perfectly okay if everything in the poem doesn’t feature in the audio, it would just be awesome to hear your inspiration!

    Ngā mihi nui and keep it up!
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Te Raumati

    Great to see the fantastic progress you are making on the SLJ. I hope you are enjoying this experience.

    This is a lovely piece of writing. Poetry can be described as painting a picture with words. Your poem does paint that picture of summer. I agree with Elle that the last line is particularly good.

    I look forward to seeing your next posting.

    regards

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.