Friday 31 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Cicada Sounds


Today I have completed week 2, task 16 for the Summer Learning Journey. I've decided to attempt the kick start task. For this task I needed to create a D.I.Y drum.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing. 

Next, I started collecting all the materials that I need to make a drum.

Then, I took photos of every step that I learnt to make a drum.

Lastly, I explained what I did and why.

I enjoyed doing this task because it gave me the oppertunity to learn how to make something fun out of things that are lying around my house.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Te Raumati,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    This is an awesome activity, I like how you introduced the activity and explained how you made your instrument in a step by step format and it is great to see you used recycled materials.

    It would be awesome to see a video of what your drum sounds like!

    What would you change about your instrument to make it sound different?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Zana,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog! I would change the can because if I used a smaller or longer can it would sound different. If you were to do this task, what materials would you use?

      Thank you again for commenting! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Te Raumati,

      That is a great idea you could even use multiple cans like a tall one, a small one, a rounder one etc. I would probably use cans as well or plastic bottles with different levels of water.
      -Zana

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.