Wednesday 15 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Poetry Slam: Step It Up


Today I have completed week 1, task 2 for the Summer Learning Journey. I've decided to attempt the step it up task. For this task I needed to think of what a makes a good performance.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing.

Next, I listened to four different poetry videos to help me answer the questions on the DLO.

Then, I added photo's of ideas for a summer poem like ice blocks, beach, sun, and more. The photo's helped me express my ideas.

Lastly, I answered the four questions about how what makes a good performance. My answers helped me show what I have learnt from watching the videos.

I enjoyed doing this task because it helped me learn what makes a good performance.

2 comments:

  1. Mōrena Te Raumati,

    It’s Charlotte here, a blog commenter for Manaiakalani. Nice work on completing Poetry Slam, Step it up activity.

    I agree, that one of the most important parts of a performance is to maintain eye contact and to be confident! Have you ever done a performance? During my time at school and at university I have done lots of speeches where I have had to do both those things.

    I noticed that you include ice-cream on your post! Ice-cream is one of my favourite foods! WHat is your favourite food?

    Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog! I have done multiple performances in Kapa Haka around the Panmure community and others. My favourite is panikeke. Would like to try this task and why?

      Thank you again for commenting! :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.