Wednesday 15 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Geometree: Step It Up

 


Today I have completed week 1, task 3 for the Summer Learning Journey. I've decided to attempt the step it up task. For this task I needed to draw my own Geometry tree.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the different type of triangles. There are three different type of triangles, which are Equilateral, Scalene, and Isosceles.

Using the line tools, I drew the three different triangles. Once I was finished drawing, it started to look like a real tree.

Lastly, I coloured in all the triangles to complete the art. Once I was finished it looked like an real tree but just with triangles.

I enjoyed doing this task because it gave me the oppertunity to share my artwork.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey 2021. I look forward to following your progress. You are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Te Raumati.

    WoW this looked like you actulally took your time and making it like an real tree. I enjoyed how you learnt the types of triangles.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Fotu,

      Thank you for commenting on my post. I'm glad that you learnt something from reading it. Would like to try this activity and why?

      Thank you again for commenting on my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Malo E Lelei Te Raumati,

    I would try this activity because from a bird's eye view it looks amazing with all the colours and trangles together.

    Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Te Raumati,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey. It is awesome to see that you have signed up and started the summer learning journey, there are a lot of fun activities we post each day so I look forward to seeing you blog about them throughout the summer.

    I think your geomtree looks really cool and there are a lot of different shaped and sized triangles I can spot in it and I like that you colour coded the different triangles.

    Did you learn anything new from this activity?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Zana,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog. I learnt that there are different type of triangles by attempting this activity. Have/Would you tried this activity? If you haven't would you like to try this type of art?

      Thank you again for commenting! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Te Raumati,

      I have done this activity, I think it is another great way of making math fun by using art to learn.

      Delete
  5. Malo e Lelei Te Raumati.

    I love your work that you have done looks really cool, and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.