Wednesday 29 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Poetry Slam Rua: Step It Up


Today I have completed week 2, task 10 for the Summer Learning Journey. I've decided to attempt the step it up task. For this task I needed to create a summer kenning.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing. I also looked at some other kennings as an example.

Next, I created my own kenning about summer on a google drawing. 

Lastly, I took a screencastify of me reading my kenning.

I enjoyed doing this task because it gave me the opportunity to learn what a kenning is and how to write one.

3 comments:

  1. Ata mārie Te Raumati!


    Chris here from SLJ. I’ve just returned from the Xmas break, great to see you still getting involved in the Summer Learning Journey! Tēnā koe for completing the Poetry Slam Step It Up activity! Did you enjoy it? Thank you for explaining the steps you took to complete the task as well, ka pai!

    Kennings are definitely an interesting form of poetry. Some of the words you used were very dramatic, like “cloud killer”, which works really well for this type of art. Do you do much writing or reading in your spare time?

    Can’t wait to see what you post next!


    Ngā mihi,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Chris,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog! I really enjoyed doing this activity. I really love reading in my spare time and it really helps me with my vocabulary. What do you like about reading?

      Thank you again for commenting! :)

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Te Raumati,


      Yes, your vocabulary definitely appears stronger as a result! I like reading all sorts of stuff. I tend to work on a rotation of Margaret Atwood books, Neil Gaiman books, horror books, biographies, and classics. Right now I'm reading Potiki by Patricia Grace.


      And you’re very welcome for the comments. Tēnā koe for your responses!

      Ka kite ano,
      Chris

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.