Thursday 16 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey | E Hia Nga Mea?: Step It Up


Today I have completed week 1, task 4 for the Summer Learning Journey. I've decided to attempt the step it up task. For this task I needed to practise the phrase E hia nga mea?

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing.

Next, I found multiple images that I would during the summer holidays. Example: Ice cream, sun, seagulls, and more.

Then, I need to find what each picture means in Maori using Maori dictionary. Example: Sun means ra, pineapple means painaporo, etc.

Lastly, I linked the slides that have the definition with the picture. 

I enjoyed doing this task because it helped me build up my Maori vocabulary.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Te Raumati,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    It is great to see you completing our first Te Reo Māori activity of the summer and I think you did an awesome job creating your flashcards. I think you introduced the activity well, shared your experience while completing the activity and I think you chose some awesome summer themed items for your cards.

    Did you learn any new Te Reo vocabulary that you could use today?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Zana,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog. I learnt three new words by attempting this activity. Would you attempt this activity and why?

      Thank you again for commenting! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Te Raumati,

      I would definitely attempt this activity and I have actually made similar flash cards for my classroom. I think it is awesome to learn Te Reo Māori and creating art and flashcards is a great way to learn new words.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.