Friday 14 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Cicadas in Art


Today I have completed week 5, task 35 for the Summer Learning Journey. I decided to attempt the step it up task. I needed to create a dish with cicadas in it.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing. 

Next, I started looking for some images to put on my template. Once I found some images, I used background remover to help make the images look more realistic.

Lastly, I added some extra detail by using the scribble line to make it look like drizzled sauce.

I really enjoyed doing this task because I was to learn that some people eat cicadas.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora

    Te Raumati

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. It is awesome to see that you have completed so many activities for the SLJ and the cicadas art looks fantastic. Once again I am impressed with the layout and thoughtfulness of your blog which encourages fellow bloggers to give it a go.

    What type of sauce did you use? I have only tried cicadas once whilst on a hike they tasted okay, I think it would be a good idea to add chocolate to them. A lot of things always taste better with chocolate. Have you ever tried eating a cooked cicada before?

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Quein,

      Thank you for leaving a positive comment! I decided to use tomato sauce on the cicadas dish.

      I have never eaten a cooked cicada before and I'm not sure if I want to.

      If you wanted to attempt this task, what would you include in your dish?

      Thank you again for commenting! : )

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.