Saturday 15 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Ice Art


Today I have completed week 5, task 36 for the Summer Learning Journey. I decided to attempt the kick start task. I needed to create ice art.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing. 

Next, I looked for things in my own environment. I decided to use a flower.

Then, I put it in the ice tray and added so water. I let it set in the freezer for a whole day.

Lastly, I took a photo of it and labeled each part of the ice art.

I really enjoyed doing this task because it gave me the opportunity to learn about a Russian artist.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora

    Te Raumati

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. I really think this is a very beautiful ice-art that you have created. I really enjoyed the yellow flower that you have used. It is bright and warm and reminds me of the summer sun. I think it Great to see you amazing creativity that you put into your work- Ka Pai!!!! I also really thought that it was good that you provided a clear and concise description and explanation of the activity to your fellow bloggers. This will help and encourage your fellow bloggers to give it a go. This shows your helpful mahi, and thought and effort that you have put into your task and the well laid out blog post.

    I love the flower that you have used, what else could you use for the ice-art activity?

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tena Koe Quein,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog! Something else I would use in this activity would be a seed from a fruit, because I would like to see if the seed changes during it's time in the freezer.

      Would you attempt this activty and why?

      Thank you again for commenting! : )

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.