Sunday 16 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Kowhaiwhai


Today I have completed week 5, task 38 for the Summer Learning Journey. I decided to attempt the step it up task. I needed to create a kowhaiwhai pattern.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing. 

Next, I started drawing my koru's. I drew 2 different koru's. 

Then, I coloured in the koru's. I decided to use light green and pounamu green.

Lastly, I rearrange all the koru's to make it look more interesting. 

I really enjoyed doing this task because it gave me the opportunity to learn about kowhaiwhai patterns.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora

    Te Raumati

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. WOW!!! I am really impressed by your amazing kowhaiwhai, I can see that you have put a lot of thought and effort into creating it- Ka Pai!!! I think the arrangement is very creative and supports the flow of your design. It is awesome that you have stated what colors you have used in your design, the color green is a very significant color and supported your design well. Overall I am really impressed by the thought and positivity that you have put into this task- WELL DONE!!!

    I really enjoyed the kowhaiwhai that you have created. Do you have any tips for fellow bloggers who would like to give it a go? I never made one in primary school, however, I would like to give it a go now.

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Quein,

      Thank you for leaving a positive comment! One tip I have for starters is probaly start with basic designs before doing harder ones.

      If you were to do this task, how would you layout your korus?

      Thank you for again commenting! : )

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.