Sunday 16 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Silly Algebra


Today I have completed week 5, task 39 for the Summer Learning Journey. I decided to attempt the kick start task. I needed to create a silly algebra equations.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing. 

Next, I started looking for images I can use for my algebra equations. I decided to use a water bottle and an umbrella.

Lastly, I started rearranging the math operations and images so I can make it into algebra equations.

I really enjoyed doing this task because it gave me the opportunity to refresh my knowledge of algebra.

A challenge for you: On a piece of paper, try to solve my algebra equations. Once you finish, you can share your results with me by commenting on this post.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora

    Te Raumati

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. WOW!!! It is great to see that you have completed the activity and are learning and practicing your algebra skills. I really enjoyed the key that indicated what number each image represented. Have you done algebra like this before?

    I used Bedmas and did the following calculations can you check if they are correct?

    B – Brackets.
    E – Exponents.
    D – Division.
    M – Multiplication.
    A – Addition.
    S – Subtraction.

    Question One:
    (10x10)-6+6
    100+6=106
    106-6=100

    Question Two
    6-10+10x6-10
    10x6=60
    60+10=70
    70-10=60
    60-10=50
    Final answer is 50

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Quein,

      Thank you for commenting and attempting my challenge! I have done algerbra before but not this type of algerbra. The explanation of BEDMAS is correct but I'm not sure about your problem solving.

      Can you please explain your strategies for all 4 equations?

      Thank you again for commenting! : )

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.