Sunday 2 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Poetry Slam Toru


Today I have completed week 3, task 20 for the Summer Learning Journey. I attempted the kick start actvity. I needed to create a summer haiku poem.

Before I started, I watched a video explaining the task so I know what I'm doing. 

Next, I started thinking of syllables I can use in my haiku poem. I looked at some other haiku poems to help give ideas.

Lastly, I took a video of me reading my poem.

I enjoyed doing this task because it gave me the oppertunity to learn a new poem and how to write it.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Te Raumati,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    I am not sure if I have already commented on this activity or not as I remember seeing it yesterday.

    I love this activity because it involves one of my favourite forms of writing which is poetry! You did an amazing job writing and reading your haiku poem and I love your summer theme with the beach and the sun mentioned in your poem.

    Have you had a go at making a tanka poem, it is very similar to the Haiku but it follows a 5 – 7 – 5 – 7 – 7 syllable structure.

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.