Friday 4 December 2020

Maori Places Names

Today I translated different Maori places in Auckland. Instead of using Maori dictionary we searched up the meaning.

First, I matched the names I know with the Maori names. This was good strategy to use because it helped make it easier to match the names by eleminating some of them.

Next, I searched up the meaning of the names. I was able to match most of the names because some didn't translate some of the names right.

Lastly, I re-checked my work to make sure I have the right matches. I had to rearrange some of my matches and matched the ones I didn't know.

Here is a list of different Maori names matched with the English name.

I really enjoyed session because I was able to learn new Maori names and their meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.