Monday 21 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Summer Haiku

Today I completed day five task one for the summer learning journey. This was a literacy task.

First, I went onto the summer learning journey blog and watched a video to see what I have to do. I also read an article that helped me write my poem.

Next, I went on a template which I used to write my poem. I used things that are related to summer.

Lastly, I searched for a image for my backround that is related to summer. I chose a backround that is at a beach and shows a pahutukawa tree.

I really enjoyed this activity because I got the opertunity to learn how to write a poem.

LI:To write a haiku poem



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Te Raumati,

    You have done a fantastic job having a go at writing your very own haiku poem, however the syllables in each of your lines don’t quite match those required for a haiku poem. Haiku poems can be a little tricky to write because they follow the specific layout of 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the second line, and 5 syllables in the third. But overall poetry is fairly free and doesn’t have many rules so it’s still a phenomenal poem.

    Perhaps if you wanted to you could go through your poem again and count the syllables you have written in each line, and then re-write each line so that it follows the specific layout for a haiku. An easy way to do so is by clapping each time you make a different sound in a word and counting the number of claps you do! Regardless, I think you should be super proud of the summer poem you have written!

    I really like the background image you have chosen to accompany your poem and think that both the beach and the pohutukawa tree are excellent examples of Summer in New Zealand!
    My favourite part of Summer is sitting at the beach and watching as the waves crash up against the shore. What is your favourite part of Summer?
    Happy blogging!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Shannon,

      Thank you for your positive feedback. My favourite part of summer is spending time with my family and friends. What would you do during the summer holidays?

      Can't wait to see more of your comments.

      Delete
    2. Hi te Raumati,

      I like to go kayaking and to the beach! They're the best when it's nice outside! What things do you do with your friends and family?

      Bye for now,
      Shannon (SLJ)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.