Monday 21 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Xylophone

Today I completed day five task two for the summer learning journey. This was a science task.

First, I went onto the summer learning journey blog and watched a video to see what I have to do.

Next, I went to find the materials to help me make my xylophone. I used cups with water in them, paper, scissors, tape, and a ruler.

Lastly, I made a video showing what I created and the different sound they make.

I really enjoyed this activity because I got to learn how to make an instrument using materials around the house.



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Te Raumati,

    My name is Shannon and I’m from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Well done on doing such a fantastic job creating your own xylophone! I really like the way you used the cups filled with water, and think that using the rolled up pieces of paper was a really creative idea!
    
When you used the cups of water, how did you decide on the amount of liquid you were going to use in each cup?

    I noticed how the beginning of your cup song sounded like the song ‘Ode to Joy’ by Beethoven. Were you intentionally trying to play this song, or was this accidental?

    I’ve never played any instruments bar the recorder but I’ve always wanted to! Can you play any instruments? If so which one(s)? If not, what’s another cool hobby that you have?

    You mentioned how you really enjoyed this activity because you got to make an instrument using materials from around the house. Have you ever made any other instruments from materials in your house?

    Happy blogging!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tena kotou Shannon,

      Thank you for commenting on my post. I tried visualise the length of a xylophone and try do the same with the water.

      It was accidental because I don't know the song 'Ode to Joy'. Also I can play the recorder, violin, and the ukulele. Another hobby I have is sports.

      Yes, I have used materials around the house to make a ukulele. Thank you again and I can't wait to see more of your comments.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.