Wednesday 23 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Maui Me Te Ra/Left and Sun

Today I completed week two day three task two for the summer learning journey. This was a Maori task. 

First, I went onto the summer learning journey blog and watched a video to see what I have to do. I also had to use the icon to change the langue to English because I couldn't understand the task in Maori.

Next, I went on a template which told me to watch the video of 'Maui and the Sun' and then make a song or a phrase as if I was Maui or the sun's son.

Lastly, I created a google drawing that I used to write my phrase. My phrase had to include how does he feel, is he happy, is he sad, is he tired, confused, what are his thoughts on aspects of the work, in the end, what does he think?

I really enjoyed this activity because I was given the oppertunity to learn more of the Maori culture. I still found understanding the task hard because the whole blog post that explained what was the task was all in Maori.





1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Te Raumati,

    It’s Charlotte here, a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. You have done some amazing work on the ‘Māui me te Rā’ task!

    I thought it was very cool that the task was written completely in Māori, as it gave me the chance to practice speaking/reading it! Do you know any other languages besides English? Is there any language you want to learn?

    I notice that you said this task was quite tricky because it wasn’t written in English, what were some of the other challenges you had to face when doing this activity? What did you do to move past those challenges?

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.