Tuesday 22 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | The Treasure Code

Today I completed week two day two task one for the summer learning journey. This was a maths task.

First, I went onto the summer learning journey blog and watched a video to see what I have to do. I needed to watch two videos so I can understand pigpen cipher. 

Next, I went on a template which was were I completed my task. I needed to decode the clues to find out were the image on the slide was. 

Lastly, I made my own pigpen cipher for other people to decode and find out where at what my favourite beach is.

I really enjoyed this activity because I was given the oppertunity to learn a new code and how to decode. I still found decoding the code hard and making my own code just by using the line tool.



1 comment:

  1. Hello again Te Raumati, this is Elle from SLJ.

    Well done on your pigpen cipher code! This activity requires a lot of concentration and you did a great job.

    I think you’re missing a few dots from your code, but it’s okay! I figured out that the clue is “This beach is close to the Tamaki River.” If I’m correct, I know which beach is your favourite! I won’t write the answer in the comments just in case someone else wants to have a go at deciphering your code - I don’t want to spoil it for anyone!

    Did it get easier to remember which symbol represented which letter as you went along? I would love to learn the pigpen cipher off by heart, so I can send secret messages to my friends!

    Keep up the awesome work Te Raumati, and happy new year!

    Mā te wā
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.