Thursday 24 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Building a Dam

Today I completed week two day four task one for the summer learning journey. This was a Engineering task. 

First, I went onto the summer learning journey blog and watched a video to see what I have to do. I needed to watch two videos to help me understand a dam.

Next, I went on a template which is were I made my dam. I used four different materials. The materials were mud, wood, leaves, and pebbles.

Lastly, I explained what I used to build my dam and why I used these materials.

I really enjoyed this activity because I was given the oppertunity to learn more about nature and how animals live. I still found thinking of types of materials for making the dam hard.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Te Raumati,

    WOW - you have done a great job designing your dam using digital tools. I really like the way you have thought carefully about your design. It was very impressive how you layered the different materials and made your dam strong so it won’t break.

    I thought the beaver video was so interesting. Did you learn some cool new facts doing this task? Maybe if you had time you could collect some rocks, pebbles and sticks and try making a real dam outside!

    Keep up the great learning and blogging.

    Ngā mihi nui,

    Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tena Kotou Fiona,

      Thank you for the positive comment! I learnt a lot of cool and new facts about dams during this task. I also thought I wowuld make a real dam outside.

      Thank you again for the comment and I can't wait for some more from you.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.