Monday 21 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Rise Up

For this Summer Learning Journey activity (day four, activity one), I created and wrote my own chorus for a song.

A chorus is the part of a song where the lyrics repeat. For example, in the song 'Rise Up' (which is the song we used as an example for this activity), the chorus is 'And we will rise (strong minds, strong heart), and we will rise (we all play a part), and we will rise, we'll never stop.

I created and wrote a chorus which is about how 2021 is nearly here. I talked about saying goodbye to all the crazy events that happened this year.

In the chorus, I tried to carry on rhythm and rhyme. I repeated the first and last line because I thought it would go well with the rest of the chorus.

I really enjoyed completing this activity and making my own chorus. Next I time I could challenge myself recording myself saying my chorus instead of showing it.

LI: to create a chorus



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Te Raumati,

    Well done on writing your very own chorus for the song ‘Rise Up’ by Mangere College!
    I really like the way you have centred your chorus around the theme of moving from 2020 to 2021, and think it is awesome how you even mentioned the aspects that you wish to leave behind as we move into the new year.

    What was it about the lockdowns and quarantine that you liked the least?

    Seeing as though your blog post is all about welcoming in 2021, what are three things you are most looking forward to in the new year? It would be awesome if you could reply to this comment and let me know!
    
Including the image of fireworks as your background image was an excellent addition as it really emphasises celebrating the new year, and the bright colours add a fantastic pop of colour to your post.
    Keep up the excellent work!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greeting Shannon,

      Thank you for your comment. I didn't like how I couldn't vist my other family member like used to do.

      I am looking forward to becoming a year 7, hopfully no lockdowns, and quarintine.

      Thank you again and I can't wait to see more of your comments.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.